My 9 year old daughter swore at me today.What do I do to stop her from talking like this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

first ask her where she heard it and tell her it's not a nice word and is in fact a rude word. tell her that it is something that is definitely unacceptable and will come with serious consequences in terms of behavioral punishment. tell her that you know her very well and know that she is a smart girl, who will not use words that are wrong and that you know she will not disappoint you. once you show her how much confidence you have in her, she will try to live up to it. also, kids at this age pick up a lot of things from media and people at home, so it's possible one of her friends said it. tell her to ignore this in future and not repeat.

Read more

I think, you should ask her what did it mean what she said and where she heard it. Be calm, more anger you will show more stubborn she will become. Talk to her and ask her does momma talk to you like this? Does momma use such words? Don't I talk nicely to use? And if she again uses such word, do not talk to her and make her realise that it is not okay to use the word. Since, she is 9, you can ignore this thing.

Read more

Oh dear, where did she learn that word from? She must have picked it up from someone or somewhere. Usually, at that age, it's from friends at school or via the TV. Let her know that the word is bad and hurtful and tell her that she should never ever say it again.

Firstly, I would ask her the meaning of the word and from where she heard them. Also I will let her know that swearing is not OK and is unacceptable at any condition.