My daughter does not listen to me when I ask her to stop jumping from sofa.She keep jumping for 15 times. How should I do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter used to be a little monkey and jumped everywhere despite my warnings that she would hurt herself. Unfortunately for my daughter, she only listened to me AFTER she had fell and hurt herself. When that happened, I didn't "manja" her but gave her a stern "I told you so" look. She whimpered cause she had quite a bad blueblack on her knee since she knocked herself against the coffee table. Subsequently, all I have to ask if she remembered what happened when she fell after jumping and that did the trick for me.

Read more

My male friend had the same problem with his 4 year old boy. He is really active and we call him a mini stunt double. His dad is known for unusual (funny yet effective) parenting and this one takes the cake -- he showed his son a compilation video of epic fails, specifically of people falling off furniture. They had a good laugh about it and he told his son that if he continued jumping off things, he might fall and end up on youtube. It worked. hahahaha!

Read more

Instead of telling her please don't jump, tell her: Sofa is for seating, sit down properly. When kids hear adult says NO, they tend to inhibit more rebellious behaviour. Tell them in another way, where the instruction is clearer and more direct. E.g. Instead of Don't Run, tell them, please walk slowly.

Read more

thanks