My 7mth young baby is sick and fever for the 6th day...he's exclusively breastfed..breastfed babies fall sick less often and even if so, gets well faster. But my baby is still quite sick and kept coughing until vomit many many times and lost half a kg in 3 days..I'm feeling so upset and discouraged that my milk is not helping him...is my milk not providing him enough antibodies and nutrients?:(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, do not be discouraged. The fact that you are breastfeeding baby that's the best you can do and give your child. Babies will fall sick, breastfeeding does not mean that your child will not fall sick. In fact, it's good for them to be sick, in that way they can build up their immune system as well.

Read more
VIP Member

no, don't think it that way. Each time a child is sick, it's a different virus and strain of virus. Their body & our body will need some time to build the antibodies. Have you brought him to see a doctor?

Read more

don't doubt yourself. my boy is exclusive bf as well. but he keeps falling sick and ended up in the hospital. it depends on the family medical history too.