obsessed with dress up

my 4 year girl, is obsessed with playing dress up all the time. all the time she is in front of the mirror playing with her pretend dress up make up toys and will change clothes every couple of hours. is this normal?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes this is perfectly normal. my 5 years old niece spend much more time dressing up herself. What I have observed that she keeps a watch on me and my sister getting dressed up and do exactly the same when she wanted to get ready. Recently I bought her 3 new dresses from online kids store - olesia.co.in and she dressed all of 3 in a single day. She also has dolls and put make up on them. It is her favorite timepass.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes normal....my gal does that too as they watch videos on you tube or advertisement and saw different clothes and actually took dome of my clothes to dressup. Better than playing ipads/tablet.

Who knows she could b designer or model when she grows up!😀don’t worry too much I would support her if that was my daughter 😍😍

It is absolutely normal for kids to play pretend. They are in fact learning. It is a phase and soon they will move on. Enjoy!😉

It’s perfectly normal ! In fact pretend play n playing dress up are part of the child’s milestones!😀

I think it’s perfectly normal. Let her imagination and creativity run wild! Have fun!

Yes it is completely normal haha I was like her when I was her age

Now is the time to play princesses and dressing up! Have fun! 😃

Totally normal, and if it makes her happy then even better! :)

oh its wonderful mommy! play with her, celebrate with her 😍