4 month old baby

my 4 MO baby have red spots on his body. it started from the scalp down to the body and now legs. it will come and go as in old spots vanish and new ones can be seen. I checked at poly the doc said its normal for babies. some say its heat rash. is this normal? another Q is im fully bf my baby and he will pass motion once every week or every 1.5 weeks. but towards the end of the week he looks like as if he is struggling to let it out. I always think that bf wont cause constipation... does fully bf baby pooped every day? can someone pls advice.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

To answer your first question, yes it's probably heat rash or even baby acne. Very normal in young babies. Try applying some of your expressed breast milk on the rash and let it dry. Also, stay away from over-perfumed skin care products which might aggravate the rash. But if it doesn't clear up in a week or two, I suggest getting a second opinion from another doctor. As for your second question, again very normal for breastfed babies to not poop for days. My first-born could go for up to a week without pooping when he was breastfeeding! But once again, if your LO seems to be in a lot of discomfort or seems very bloated, check with the paed.

Read more