My 2.5 years old doesn't like to walk, reject stroller and carrier, only want to be carried. I am sooo tired. Any tips?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My son is also like that, but only with the dad. He would rarely ask me to carry him cos he knows that I WILL NOT carry him. But my hubby gives in when he starts crying. So one thing i've learnt from this is kids are very clever. If you give in, he will know that crying works. Reward him when he does walk in toyrus. Praise him and make a huge fuss about how a big boy and good boy he is. If he starts crying, just stick with it. If you really want things to change, you need to be firm about it. :) Jiayou mummy!

Read more

my 2 yo used to be like that, refused anyone to carry him, didn't want stroller or walk on his own. I had even resorted to forcing him sit in strollers, only to get him to cry even louder. In the end, I bought hipseat to strap him onto me. He was v happy and it was easier on me as it had support. Now, at 2.5 yo, he doesn't want to be carried and want to walk by himself. So, it might be a phase that they are gg through.

Read more

My colleague bought her son, who was going through an anti-walking phase, one of those shoes that emit lights and squeaky sounds. Needless to say, he was soooo intrigued by the sounds and lights, he started walking and running around. Perhaps you can try this? It will irritating as heck with all the squeaking sounds but worth a try if it lets you take a break from carrying your child all the time :)

Read more

Thanks ladies.. I hope it's a phase too.. He has been like this all the while.. Tried squeaky and lights shoes but still the same.. He is only interested to walk when we go toy r us haha..

8y ago

Maybe some form of insentive like extra play time or will buy something he likes.