Planning for second child

2022 - Plans to buy hse - Plans to start a new job - Plans to buy car - First child in childcare centre - Financial wise is not an issue. But people around me say wait for one more year before planning for second child. Family and friends oppose with the idea of planning for second child. My partner is the only one who supports this idea. If is you, will you go with it with your partner or listen to everyone else?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would just go for it. Everything will fall into place as it is supposed to be, can’t change fate, can’t change destiny. I also had plans for 2022. - BTO ready (need renovation works) - Put currently 15-month-old in childcare - Start new job Didn’t make plans to get pregnant diligently so just went with the flow. Turns out I got pregnant in Dec 2021 and husband told me to stop working for now and look after my firstborn and my pregnancy. So now we have to change our lifestyle living with 1 income and worry about our upcoming BTO which is going to be ready by end of this year maybe earlier. And I’m due in Aug with an active toddler.. 🤧 So our initial plan? Lol down the drain… we’ll just go with the flow with a simple lifestyle. I would advise you to get pass your probabtion period then make plans to get pregnant.. at least you’ll have a peace of mind and some security for that new job.

Read more

For me, you can plan and plan but you can't fight your fate. We didn't expect or plan for #4, cause i have so many plan to achieve this year. Fret not, we use protection too but fate written opposite and hit! Suck thumbs and go with it! it's a blessing! If financial not a problem i would say Go for it! Having a supportive and helpful husband is enough too. Both can get through this together. If fate for both of you to have 2nd, GO GO GO!! 1. Get a new job first. 2. While give sometime for firstborn to get used to childcare. 3. Buy house 4. Try second one, if hit huat! If not, keep trying and don't stress! 😀 May GOD guide you the way and smooth all your plans and journey ❤️

Read more
VIP Member

follow your heart! but if you have all together, quite tough! coz first one mguht easy to get sick in CC, and u beed extra effort to take care! might be busy with new house If u can move in during pregnancy! and have 2nd one right after new job might not sound good to your new colleague or office!

You know best if it will be feasible, other people won't have the full picture of your situation. My only reservation would be having to announce a pregnancy during probation period, or having first trimester sickness while trying to get your footing at the new workplace.

VIP Member

it's your body and health. its your family support and presence for your decision made. anyone not living under one roof, need not be bothered. do what's right, and do it right ✓ be happy, always ☺️

Read more

I would say at least wait until you pass probation then try for second child. You can take this chance to see your little one grow up hitting his/her milestones as they grow up very fast

VIP Member

if u feel that u can have a child financially then go ahead. Dont care what others say. but will u have time or not is another thing.

I me myself why need to care how other's think ? are they the one pay for your hospital bill? just do what you think is right 😉

Read more
VIP Member

Listen to partner. Having another child is between you and your partner, comments from outsiders shouldn’t matter.

TapFluencer

is your partner raising your kid with you or those pple who objected? your answer will tell u who to listen to.