Hi, my 2 yrs old daughter's weight is not as per the age. And she is very poor in eating. She just take 1-2 bites and than refuses. Please suggest how and what to make her eat?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Arwa i can also relate to your worry as a mom as I had the same issue with both my kids. I tried many ways, and what helped me was the way Carla mentioned - to break up the meals into multiple small ones, instead of 3 big ones. for instance, when she wakes up, you can give her 1 or 2 almonds and kishmish, or maybe a few bites of a fruit, such as a banana. don't stress on a full breakfast immediately. later, give her few bites of a stuffed paratha, or maybe a few spoons of dal rice or something like that. try feeding her foods in smaller bites and portions so that she does not feel you are making her sit down and eat a lot. if she refuses to eat, you can also try giving her fresh homemade juices, smoothies and such, and add variation. also, since my kids loved colouring and such activities, i would sit with them and feed them even as they coloured, or while i would read books to them. i gave them a small bite, read the page, asked them to finish the bite and then quickly turn the page. you will have to keep trying new ways to keep her interested and also eat in between. all the best

Read more
7y ago

Hi Neeta, Thankful to you for understanding my worry and helping me.

Hi Arwa, First of all do not worry. Kids go through such phases as well where they do not eat food altogether and feeding them becomes a task. In your case figure out what she likes and instead of fretting over what she doesn't eat, feed her foods that she likes. I am sure she must be having he'd favourite fruits. So feed her those fruits. Try new recipes and then you may find out she doesn't like milk but likes shakes....or doesn't like dsl but likes it when you put lemon in it or ghee. So...keep experiment ting with food. You can consult her PD and ask him if any appetite booster can be given or any supplements that she may require.

Read more
7y ago

Hi chetna, I will be trying new stuff now. Hope this work. Thank for your suggestion.

Do you still give her fortified milk? Do you give her multivitamins? These can help supplement the vitamins and nutrients she's missing out on. Also, giving her a variety of food may help. Feed her small portions frequently - instead of 3 main meals with snacks in between, give her maybe 5 small meals with small snacks in between. A 2-year-old needs about 1000 calories a day. So just make sure to spread the calories out. If she eats only 2 bites, then give her another 2 bites an hour later. I hope this helps, mummy

Read more
7y ago

Hi Carla, Thanks for your suggestions. I will surely take this up. And yes I have started multivitamin now. As her height and weight was not as per her age.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-28837)

pls answer... I m in great worry.