My 14 y/o cousin has been having problems with pimples and blackheads. She tried different pinoy herbal solutions but ended up having dark spots on her face. Can you recommend something that can whiten or lessen the appearance of dark spots and pimples?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What specific herbal solutions did she try? Maybe those are not suitable for her skin type. Hmm for me getting rid of pimples or blemishes actually starts with your lifestyle and hygiene. I know people who are keen in wellness activities and avoids too much stress and vices tend to have lesser skin problems like this. Then in terms of hygiene, of course you make sure you wash your face with soap (I'm sure you can find one that you will, as we say, find "hiyang" with) and most especially after wearing make up. Do not experiment too in using astringents or whatever cream there is that is not really necessary and she's very young to do that though. But still we charge it to genes sometimes if we preventive measures are already taken but still nothing happens.

Read more

My blackhead remedy would be mix of coconut oil and olive oil but there's a process I use to do so I can completely get rid of them. 1) Wash your face with your facial soap. Rinse. 2) Pour boiled hot water in a small tub/pail/bowl and place your face right in the steam. It's like you're having sauna in just your face. This is to open the pores. 3) Cleanse with coconut oil and olive oil mixture. Leave it in your face for 30 mins. 4) Rinse with cold water. This is to close the pores so no dirt will enter It's pretty easy to do :)

Read more

I also had problems about break outs/pimples when I was in high school. I tried everything and it sometimes worked but most times it just irritated my skin more. I would suggest that if you really want effective results you have to seek the help of a dermatologist! I did and it's the best decision ever. Clear and happy skin

Read more

Back in high school I had an acne outbreak. I guess that was part of puberty. I had sessions of diamond peels and after about 5 sessions, my face cleared and my pores tightened. Applying harsh chemicals will only worsen the situation. She should use mild soap and water. Eliminating oil and dirt on skin will help a lot.

Read more

Make a paste mixture of baking soda and water then use it on face. be careful not to scrub too hard. It will lessen the dark spots.

Try aloe vera. It may not only improve appearance of dark spots, it can also improve overall skin complexion.