hi, my 13 month old is having fever since yesterday morning. hovers between 38.5 to 39.3 and have given 4 dose of paracetamol with 6 hours gap. still at 38.5 should we go to hospital? no other symptoms - eating well, full of energy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Why don't u go to the pd? 38.5 should see doctor alrdy - especially if it doesn't seem to clear in a day or 2. Just go check and see if there is anything that is causing baby the fever. Like cold, cough, HFMD (hopefully not, my boy had fever as his first sign of hfmd), or urinary tract infection (pretty common)

Read more

Monitor closely for another day. If it persists then you need to take her to the doctor. Be careful as if a temperature rises too high, there are risk of getting a febrile seizure.

As long as the child is active, eating and drinking well. I would monitor him not more then 3 days. After which if the fever does not subside, I'll take him to the doctor's

VIP Member

I would advise of monitoring one of more night.but do take note of baby active level. If he is very lethargic, please bring him to the doc