My 1 month that old baby like to sleep on my chest.. he don't really sleep on his back.. only sides or tummy. For now on my chest I am still okay, I worry that when he grow up older and become heavier how will I able to let him sleep on my chest.. but sleeping on my chest he can sleep very soundly.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Everything that we choose to do or not do now will hp shape his sleeping habit and that is a sleeping habi that u don't want to be shaped. All babies like to sleep ion the mother's chest because of the warmth, security and the familiar heartbeat but u cannot be baby sleep sleep for 1-2 hrs u let him sleep on u and u don't do a thing? U would sill need to go toilet, eat ur food etcetc. If u cultivate such habit, baby will want to sleep on u every time he wakes up in the middle of the night and if for some reason u are not there at bedtime, baby will wait for u. When he fall asleep, transfer him to the bed/cot. Gradually u should progress to when he is semi asleep in ur arms, he will go into the cot, then hopefully transition to the can sleep by himself with u beside. By 9 months, baby can be 9 kg...not a feasible long term plan for sleeping on the chest i would say. Can sleep slightly to the sides when u put him down

Read more