Blood in 1 month old stool

My 1 month LO is fully drinking breastmilk through bottle feed. And her stool has some blood. This is the 2nd time. The first time was last week and it became normal. Do I need to monitor again or bring to PD? Update: Went to PD @ SBCC AMK and was advised by Dr Martha to stop drinking/eating dairy and continue to breastfeed cause LO may be lactose intolerant or allergic to cow’s milk. This is common in some babies and usually will resolve in few months time. But if there’s still blood in stool by end of 2 weeks (according to Dr, it takes 2 weeks like that for the dairy to clear in baby’s system and gut to heal), I need to go back and bring my LO’s stool to the clinic for a lab test. Praying that all is well!!!

Blood in 1 month old stool
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it might be what you eat/drink, maybe baby reacted to the breastmilk so you might need to avoid eating dairy products. but to be sure and have a peace of mind, u can bring to doc. they might do stool analysis or just ask you to monitor

You should bring to doctor to check. This is also to avoid recurrence of blood stool and nappy rash. In the meantime, you may want to watch what youve been eating, we may not know if that affect the little one too.