Birthclub: January 2025 icon

Birthclub: January 2025

1994 Followers

Feed

Maternity Insurance: HSBC or AIA or others?

I'm a #firsttimemom at 7weeks and looking to get #insuranceforprenancy. Which is a better package: HSBC Happy Mummy or AIA Mum2Baby Protect? Or any other maternity insurance recommended? Hospital will be KKH. #advice

Read more
 profile icon
Write a reply

Miscarriage at Week 5

I recently had a miscarriage, which was my first pregnancy. I never thought I would be able to conceive, as my husband and I had been together for four years…. Long story short, it happened on Sunday, May 26th. In the evening, I started bleeding and went to A&E. Scans showed that my gestational sac was 5 weeks and 1 day old, but they couldn't see anything else. I was told to wait for my next check-up on May 28th. On the check-up day, the doctor told me that the embryo had not grown compared to the last check-up 10 days ago. It seemed to have shifted downward, and my gestational sac looked lower than before. Both the OB at A&E and the Women’s Clinic tried to tell me that I would miscarry, but I couldn't believe it. The doctor asked me to wait another week. The next day at 1 am, I had severe cramps that felt like I needed to poop, followed by lower back pain that made it impossible to lie down. I rushed to A&E at around 5-6 am, where they found tissue stuck at the neck of my womb and had to remove it. I was then given an abortion pill to flush out any remaining clots and waited for a while before going home. I took a 2-3 day rest but did not do confinement, as staying home made me feel too sad. As my body recovers and my hormones re-balance, I am now experiencing increased libido, which makes me feel guilty for moving on so quickly. I am still sad, but I am trying to think positively. Since I never heard a heartbeat, perhaps it means the embryo was not alive yet? Note: i am still bleeding mildly- i hope it can quickly end the bleeding 😩

Read more
 profile icon
Write a reply
Load More Posts