Confinement alternatives if we do not have our own place to stay?

Wondering if any mummies can share their thoughts on my dilemma? Edd dec 2023 supposed to get our house in sept but it got delayed until past jan2024, we have been staying in a 3rm flat with my sick grandmother and her helper in the spare bedroom as neither of our parents house has space for us to stay/not suitable to live together. My grandmother has 6 children so on weekends it becomes a "hub" for many relatives to gather and visit her as she is quite ill. We are not sure what to do for our confinement as this is our first child and feel like the following options we have just don't work for us: 1. Confinement centres in sgp - too expensive. 2. Confinement centres in JB - we are afraid if we need to make trips to and fro to hospital for checkups or if we need any emergency help it will be too risky back and fro. 3. CL at home, there is barely space for baby let alone a CL to sleep, and it is likely not possible to prevent visitors in the weekends because of my grandmother. Imagine the chaos on weekends with upwards of 20 people in a 3rm hdb flat. 4. Doing Confinement ourselves - as first time parents that stresses me out and doesn't really solve the problem stated in #3. MIL can't really help, and my mom is as inexperienced as me 😅. 5. Renting outside for short term doesnt seem feasible as well with the rental climate and moving around? I think i have to choose 1 of the options and just live with it but not sure which makes the most sense.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i found a freelance CL who did 9-5pm for me previously without staying overnight. she was hired by another expat to be a nanny and just nice they were overseas during my confinement. we did night duties ourselves. see if you want to consider the arrangement.

If I’m not wrong there are CL that stay out but that means you don’t have help at night.. since not much of a choice too :/