So scared. Being a parent in covid times.

With the vast majority of covid cases being asymptomatic and daily cases in the 2000s range, does any pregnant mummy or mummy with small unvaccinated children feel the same as me -- paranoid about who you have maskless activity with? It's like whomever you eat with could appear fine but who knows if they are already a carrier? I worry about eating with anyone outside of my own household. There is no one in our family who can help take care of my small baby so I'm really afraid and staying home, avoiding social interactions. Meanwhile I still see my parent friends dining out, visiting friends/family houses maskless. I'm also very afraid of bringing baby to visit FIL because he goes out every single day and works at a place full of old people that recently erupted into a huge cluster. I was so terrified when the news came out and he had just interacted days ago with baby *maskless* because he thinks he is vaccinated and doesn't need to wear mask at his own home. Everyday I was paranoid and wondering and praying for my baby to be safe, until he finally cleared all his PCR, ART tests. He still keeps asking us to go over with baby. 😔 It's so tough to be a parent now isn't it.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have an unvaccinated 7 mth old baby and an unvaccinated 10 yrs old son. We've stopped going out since 3 weeks ago. Thank God it's HBL now. But can't imagine for the back to school period in 2 weeks time. His school already had 3 cases back to back in less than a week and it was frightening! He came back home 1 day complaining of fever. I was paranoid, brought him to the GP and thank God it was negative. I've also stopped visiting my parents & in-laws. Reason is my parents are foodstall holders and meet alot of people on weekdays and my FIL is a working man so I think it's best to avoid everyone for the time being until the cases has decrease. We really miss going out, to the park and dining out. But safety is priority. Really hope 'they' do something to curb the cluster and cases from rising more.

Read more