My wife has recently been diagnosed with thyroid and although the doctor said there is nothing to worry, she is extremely anxious. We are trying to conceive and her worry is now worrying me. What should I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

since you are still planning on having a baby and not conceived yet, i would suggest go through with the entire treatment for thyroid and then resume your family planning. it is true that a lot of women are now diagnosed with thyroid and get better, but it can be difficult when you are pregnant, as thyroid medicines are not safe to be taken during pregnancy. on the other hand, it is entirely possible to get cured of thyroid. i had it after the birth of our first one, got cured and had a second one. so dont worry

Read more

A huge number of women are diagnosed with thyroid. Mostly harmless, a thyroid disorder might affect the fetus's growth. This is the reason doctors usually monitor thyroid levels and ensure that the levels are controlled before giving the green light to women. So, if your doctor has said there is nothing to worry, that should be the final word. You should try to convince your wife with the logic behind thyroid, conception and the growth of the fetus.

Read more

a lot of women have thryoid and it is important to get absolutely fine, before trying to conceive. i would suggest that you tell her to not be stressed, as this can interfere with her hormones and aggravate the situation. thyroid is completely curable and with the right treatment and medication, she can be absolutely fine.

Read more

yes please get it treated first, as one health condition can lead to another. since your wife has not conceived yet, it is best to first make sure she is absolutely healthy. this will ensure she has a healthy and stress free pregnancy and both the baby and the mother are in the best of health.

It has to be treated first. Some times, that particular illness can cause abnormalities to the baby.