Beef/meat stock for baby

When do you introduce beef or put beef stock (unsalted) in your baby's food? I just boiled a bunch of beef and saving the stock but haven't put anything in it yet cos I have no idea what to put and what is suitable for a 7 month old going 8. Should I re-boil the beef stock with some veggies to kill of the smell and beefy taste like onions, celery? Any advice is greatly appreciated! TIA!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey! I like to introduce fresh herbs into stocks, especially ones that have strong smells like beef or lamb broths. 7-8 months is okay but as with everything, doing it in moderation is key. Switch it up with fish stock and chicken stock. I like to make big batches and freeze them in either ice cube trays or little ziplock bags so that prepping baby food is that much easier and quicker. You’re doing an amazing job!!! It’s a lot of work but honestly, seeing them grow so well with all that good stuff in that stock is so worth it!

Read more
3y ago

Thank you! I really have no idea how to make own home stocks. Tried chicken once already so trying beef now. I've saved up the water from the boiled beef but still have no idea what to put in to kill off the meaty smell. Making own home cooked food for the little one is exhausting and yes, a lot of work but loving how he loves every bit of it. Healthy and unsalted.