When i delivered my no1, i pushed too hard and my piles came out. Had a miserable time suffering from the pain during confinement. Now with no2 at week 10, the piles came out again. What can i do to remove? Not feeling anything, no discomfort also. I just do not wish to endure the same pain for my next labour again.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When I delivered my no1, I pushed wrongly and pushed out my piles too. It was the worst time of my life because I was in so much pain after delivery and weeks following that. With no2, I had abit of problem towards the end of my pregnancy. What I did to relieve my piles was to soak in epsom salt. It really helped. You can read more about it here http://www.livestrong.com/article/250621-how-to-use-epsom-salt-to-relieve-hemorrhoids/ Meanwhile to avoid getting piles again you can try to increase your fibre intake, drink more water, try not to strain in the toilet and do pelvic floor exercises daily. In preparation for your next delivery, maybe you can read up more on ways to push, and maybe do some mock exercises towards later part of your pregnancy http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/labor-and-delivery/childbirth-stages/pushing-and-delivery.aspx

Read more

A doctor friend told me not to do anything to the piles until you have decided that you are done delivering. Otherwise it will come back again after the delivery. Removal of piles can be done as day surgery using scopes. After delivery, you can request for lignocaine gel and stool softener to soothe the pain. Buy a water cushion to sit on and the coolness will also help alleviate the pain. You can also get maternity gel pads to soothe the pain but works until the coolness goes off. I still prefer the water cushion though. Water float works too if you can't get water cushion from qoo10. I also pushed out piles when I delivered my first child but I learned after that that you have to bear down and push with your mouth shut and clench your teeth, and squeeze your anus (so that no piles come). Seems to work well. Piles free for second delivery. =)

Read more