Baby and Toddler words

What are the words that your baby or toddlers can say? It is so hard to get them to use the words!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 18 mth old toddler have Quite a lot that aren’t clear as well but I can understand her more now than before but these below she can pronounce clearly n loudly are words like Daddy Mama Dada Papa Eight Nine ten Eighteen Nineteen Open door Apple Ball Bear Cat Milk Bra Egg More Pepper Star Bye Book Duck Down Coco nut Night night Out Bug Atoderm ( her daily moisturizer ) Blue But certain words she pronounce are funny as well. Like she pronounce Tomato as “Ta Hoo” Google as “Goo goo” Umbrella as “umba” Spoon as “spa” Chili as “c Lee” Earth as “erh” Llama llama “mama” And many other words in Cantonese ( biscuit @ “bang” , turn on the light “hoi tang” , prawn crackers “har bang”, orange “chang”, etc) and Hindi as well as my in laws speaks in Hindi.

Read more
VIP Member

How old? Words need not be specific and correct pronunciation when they are younger. E.g. My 16mo says 'Baa' to refer to sheep and 'Moo' for cow, 'No' and points to his nose for nose, clearly says 'Car', 'Ball' and they all count as words because they say the same thing to refer to a specific object each time :)

Read more
TapFluencer

my 20 months understands everything refuse to talk but when there's kids around she express herself well and can speak a few more new words. my pd mention before as long as they go school they will speak very fast

Mama, Data , Tata

Mama, Dada, water