Travelling with a young baby

What was your first experience travelling with your baby and at what age? My baby is 4 months plus but I find it challenging to bring him out in sg, don't even talk about travelling overseas, although I would love to be able to.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hello each baby is different, our baby was born end of 2021 when COVID cases were still high, we used to take her to the polyclinic for vaccination and to nearby super market. We went to meet our friends twice for their housewarming when she was 4 and 7 months old. We took her by train and bus. She got travel sickness when she was around 9 months, she will vomit during car travel even if it was just 5-10 mins. We took her to India while she was 11 months and in every car travel she vomited. So we started using only train for commute. We reduced going outside as much as possible but we take her for walk to the nearby park and to the nearby grocery store. It is better to keep a stroller with you within SG because in case your little one sleeps, they can lie down in the stroller. Although we had a carrier we don't use it much. For overseas travel we took cabin stroller once but for the other trip we preferred using the airport stroller (for which you can register in the Changi airport website) because we felt carrying the stroller was more tedious.

Read more

My hub and I brought our baby to Japan when she was 5.5 months. It was a challenging but a great experience as we don’t take care of her full time when we are in SG. Our helper does most of the work. At 5.5 months, she’s still drinking milk and thus food isn’t an issue. We went to Japan in Dec and it was cold, so she was slping most of the time. I was baby carrying her, no stroller as we were trying to reduce the stuff we bring with us. We hand carry her items just in case our baggage got lost. Hmm. The most challenging part shd be on the plane: she was fine when we flew to Japan but was screaming when we came back to SG. I guess it was due to the air pressure that caused discomfort to her ears. Discuss with ur partner and perhaps u will go YOLO. Enjoy! 😊😊

Read more
1y ago

wow, that must have been quite challenging. honestly, that's also my worry. my baby cries and screams when he's too tired/hungry/uncomfortable. and we all know a screaming baby is no fun haha

we brought baby to europe at 10months old