Hi, what type of supplement would you consider to give for an 18 months old child and where can it be bought from? Just want to boost immune system as falling sick often though not in childcare yet.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am giving Bicold (similar to Sambucol) which was recommended to me by the PD because my LO is always down with flu and cough. Last year in Sept, she was hospitalised for croup then two months later she got infected with Influenza A. She coughed so many months until she developed umbilical hernia. Then she caught another new virus in March this year so PD told me to give Bicold which is clinically proven for its effectiveness but must take the sup at least two months for the efficacy to show.

Read more
VIP Member

I think there is not necessary to take supplements for a 18month old. They should actually have a nutrition daily diet supplement by milk. Encourage your child to eat his daily intake of fruits & vegetables. Adequate rest & water will also aids in the child overall wellness. Lastly, regular outdoors activities will also boost his immune system. Hope this helps

Read more

You can certainly buy over the counter supplements like vitamins A, C and D, but we also try to do this naturally through feeding extra fruit and vegetables (like bananas, tomatoes, green beans, oranges, carrots), and making sure Baby gets plenty of sleep.

Common to fall sick, even if no school. Playgrounds/pools are the same. Make sure vaccinations are up to date. Balanced diet. No supplements unless approved by ur PD. Ur child should be able to get everything needed from food, unless picky ++++

TapFluencer

Normally 18 month old child don’t need supplements. Kids improve their immunity as they grow older. Right now, immunity system is being developed. However, should your child fall sick, please ensure you take your child to see the doctor

Hi~i think supplement is not required as long as your toddler is feeding well as in not a picky eater. Natural intake is still better than supplements. But should you really want I think probiotics is good for them.

Sambucol and u can get it from iherb but is very common for toddler to fall sick very often. They will get better eventually when they are 2-3 years old. Their immune system will get stronger.

Hello! First make sure your child is eating a healthy balanced diet! then i would think go for the standards vitamins A, C and D! can't go wrong with that :)

Immuped - you can buy fr Peds or raffles pharmacy.. I gave to both my gals when they are this age but on basis when I think they need.

My baby is 18 months old. Nowadays he is crying at around 1 AM consistently.what might be the reason ?