What should I do if my child won't stop screaming because I don't buy him some toys in the store?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It may cause a bit of embarrassment for you but let him cry and don't give in. Best you can do is, try to calm him down, and make him sit somewhere and talk to him. Tell him that if he is going to behave like that you are going to put him boarding school, any place which he despises. My son is really averse to the idea of hostel, so whenever he behaves badly, I tell him that no matter how nice I am towards him, he dissapionts me each time, and I will talk to his father and figure out when to send him to hostel. Listening to this, he calms down when he is worst of his behaviour. Other times when it's normal day today tantrums, I don't use this ploy because I feel that it can make the kid insecure. But to teach children how to behave you sometimes have to be stern. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/in-depth/tantrum/art-20047845

Read more

goodness....and I'm going through the same... I know it can get so embarrassing especially when others start staring, but hang in there and don't give in. if u give in once ur baby will know that this is how u can be made to go as per ur baby's wish.stay strong, endure the embarrassment but stick to ur decision.

Read more