What is a recommended brand of skin products that is effective in treating eczema?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Personally, i feel different products work differently on every kids. Cetaphil eczema wash - so far so good, and keep her from scratching that often too Cetaphil eczema cream - i think it sting a bit on her, as she cry, bcuz there is open wounds though. But it's very moist, when she sleep we apply, seem to get better. (Use during the same time from the photo i post as we visit GP and PD few days apart.) PD give for eczema area. Can use moisturiser but it's too expensive to anyhow use. Physiogel - seem to work like wonder, especially the calming relief, as she didn't complain sting or cry, her condition ( is those photo i post on her neck and back, of course with steroid cream but only apply twice a day) seem to get better with this cream as i apply whether she is scratching or dry. Aveeno - many people recommend, but when her condition got serious, those most recommend and trusted brand like cetaphil and physiogel is more in help. QV cream - i got the tub one, work like normal moisturiser, finish the whole tub already, the condition didn't seem to work better as well, still on and off with eczema. Badger - friends recommend it's work well on her son. Aloe vera - this is the alternative we use in the middle of the time to keep her skin moisture to prevent it getting worst. It's help too, make sure there is no alcohol.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Cetaphil i found them at polyclinic pharmacy. (Amk the rest i'm not sure) Physiogel i was given calming in lotion (heard it's only available given by doctors) Aloe vera as and when needed, as can use for whole body also. Whenever she is itchy, if not i will use the moisturiser about i state that i have(because they really not cheap to anyhow use, so alternative i use aloe vera.)

My gal used to use physiogel when she was a baby and it works for her. Now that she's 8 yrs old. I change to palmer's Shea Butter and it worked for her as well/ She is so far so good. Only part was the beginning which was tough to handle. I was also given elomet cream by the doctor.

Read more
8y ago

Yes it is. This was being prescribed by the PD at that point of time. Spread a very very time layer will do.