what do if toddler on milk strike? my near 30mo suddenly don't want to drink milk and will always throw a big fuss when ask her to drink milk. - I do not want to change the flavour of the milk. - she has been drinking fm since 8mo and no change in milk type recently

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is your child eating well? if yes then perhaps she doesn't need that much milk. Calcium can be compensated from other sources such as cheese. If you insists she drinks milk, you have to be patient with her and make her understand that other children in other less developing countries do not have milk to drink. Milk will make her stronger so that she can go out to play longer. I will coax her and play with her to have her milk. My son, at one stage, rejected milk and i was pulling my hair till I told him that milk can make him strong like his favourite animal, elephant. Since then, no pblm drinking.

Read more
8y ago

haha! that's a good one. she's quite picky on food recently also, but in school (childcare) according to the teachers she has no problem drinking milk. she likes eating cheese also. so guess it's OK. . anyhow, thanks for the suggestions!

Your daughter probably has long started on solid foods and this could be the reason why she might be "sick" of milk. As long as your child gets the much needed nutrients from her daily intake of solids, a decrease in milk should be okay.

Perhaps your lo prefers solids more than her usual milk. How about giving her other sources of calcium like cheese, broccoli, yoghurt. Or make an omelette and put in lots of milk. Or make a milkshake with strawberries. yummm...

Every child is different . Your girl simply prefer to munch on food than milk. Maybe u can try add some milo into her milk to add some flavour. That what I did to my boy.