Transit to bottle

What can I do to help my baby transit to bottle feeding as I am going back to work soon? Any tips from fellow mummies? Thanks.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Who’s going to be the one feeding baby when you go back to work? In my case, I have to be physically separated from my baby while my husband bottle feeds her, otherwise she’ll not drink a single drop and just scream. If your baby’s more receptive, you can try 2 feeds a day, then increase it gradually. If your baby will let you feed via the bottle, great! If not, get someone else to do the bottle training so baby gets used to it. Hope it goes well for you. Mine is still struggling

Read more
4y ago

I have learnt to put less in the bottle each time to have less wastage. Haha. Also, baby needs to be fed in a place that she doesn’t associate with you feeding her. Sometimes, going outside the house helps. After that, it’s just sheer determination and breaking her will. If you don’t feed her directly during the day time at all for 1-2 weeks, her strong will will probably break and she will drink more. For my first LO, we could never get her to finish the bottle till after I went back to work. So... don’t worry. She’ll eventually start drinking while in infant care. Just that now is a very stressful time for you and your husband.