What are the considerations to bring 4-5 month old baby for travel? To winter country? Is it a risk that baby will find it too cold?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I don't think that there is much of a concern - because if you think about it, there are also infants who are born and live in these winter countries. You might wana buy some winter clothing for baby and then go there and buy more as it will be cheaper there. The other thing that you should be aware is that don't just buy those thick/wooly kind to keep warm, you have to buy those that can also block out the cold wind. Don't overdress the baby tho, otherwise baby will be perspiring in the winter clothes and then when cold wind blows, they will catch cold. Research on a few places that you can go to if baby falls sick too yar

Read more

if your baby is not used to harsh winters then initially it may be difficult for your baby to suddenly adjust. make sure that you get your baby vaccinated and also ask the doctor about travel vaccinations, especially in relation to the country you will travel to. also, buy enough warm clothes, and even in excess, because you never know how many layers your baby may need to stay warm. and yes, do carry lots of baby moisturizer and loads of woolen socks and mittens :)

Read more

I will go to more develop countries with medical facilities just in case of emergencies. If you're travelling to winter countries just make sure you buy warm clothings for your baby like winter overalls, beanie, gloves. It may be quite difficult to find infant sizes here, so you can consider buying them online from us or UK - carters, oshkosh, gymboree, next etc.

Read more

Buy winter clothes or better yet, ask friends if you can loan theirs. Winter clothes are expensive and you will only be wearing them on your baby and on you for a couple of days, better rent or borrow them. Bring moisturizers too. No issues, my first born grew up near the Alps :-D