What body changes will I experience during the first trimester?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Expert

1. Breasts grow wider and bigger Increased levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone create breast changes in early pregnancy, causing the areola and nipple to grow wider and bigger. 2. Makes changes to the skin In general, the skin of pregnant women looks more problematic or even glowing in early pregnancy. This is due to hormonal changes and increased blood circulation under the skin. 3. Veins that are blue in color Other changes also occur in blood vessels. This may occur because blood volume increases and the heart pumps blood faster to meet the needs of pregnancy. 4. Experiencing various changes in the vaginal area During pregnancy, the vagina also undergoes various changes. Where the vaginal lining can become thicker and less sensitive.

Read more
3y ago

Hi Dr Lim, I am currently 10 weeks preg and experiencing very bad acne outbreaks that not only on face, but also whole upper front and back body, to even scalp and ears area. Will the outbreaks get better when I am / reaching 12 weeks (2nd trimester)? Thank you.