Natural birth baby weight

What is the best baby weight for natural birth? My gynae recommended that I give birth when baby is 3.3kg or less. is that too small?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey not small. It's okay. My height is 154cm and my baby was tall and weighed 3.6kg. Mine was called big baby by doctor. 😄I had normal delivery but while delivering, the baby was in a tilted position so he was not coming out only by pushing. Nurse had to push the side of my stomach to make him straight so he can come out. It took 45 min to figure out everything and take push him out. Baby should be healthy that's all we should care about.

Read more
VIP Member

Based on your size! i m 165 cm, and my gynae said 3.3 kg is the max as his preference. My col is 151cm, gyane advices less than 3kg. We seeing same gynae! well i believe yoru gynae will based on baby condition and other to advice you! don't worry!

Post reply image

I'm 155cm, first preg 2.6kg, pain level was acceptable , second preg 3.3kg its was insane hell for me. Now third hoping it will be less than 3kg so during normal delivery it won't be so tough.

Average weight is 3kg. 3.3KG is okay, not small. Mine came out at 2.6KG 😂. Baby will most probably lose abit more maybe 3.1KG (based on 3.3KG) during birth.

I'm 1.64cm, my baby was 2.8kg birth weight. doc estimated to be about 3.1kg and commented shouldn't be >3.3kg else hard to push out?

My baby was 2.5kg or 2.6kg if i never rmb wrongly. I myself was born at 2.1kg only.. small babies easier take care lol

VIP Member

Mine boy is 2.68 and girl is 2.83 Hahaaa…. Small is ok. No worry. Come out then feed them!

dont worry so much.. they grow VERY FAST.. u will be amazed hw fast they put on weight..

My baby was born a preemie at 2.28kg. Now she’s above 90th percentile.

2.7kg! smaller better, easier to push out without tearing 😅