Are you well versed with basic mental health knowledge? People often see the doctor pertaining to their physical health condition. Why dont people do the same for their mental well being too.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I majored in Psychology and while I was studying, I thought I exhibited symptoms of most of the disorders I read about. I think it is difficult for everyone to understand how to identify the symptoms and what constitutes "normal" vs "abnormal" behaviour. For example, most people would agree that they would consider themselves "OCD" (to use the term loosely) to a certain extent. So, when would one "qualify" for a diagnosis? Which brings me to my point that even if one think that they know a certain condition, he/she may not be able to recognise at which point professional help is needed. Also, the fear of being "labelled" as someone with a mental condition may also prevent a person from seeking the help that is needed. Hence, it is important to keep a lookout for loved ones and encourage them to seek professional help if one noticed some changes if needed.

Read more