We've started the little one who's currently 6 months, on purees lately. I'd like to keep her gums clean. She doesn't have any teeth yet, so is it to early to introduce the infant tooth brushes? Should we just stick to wiping her gums with a damp cloth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i dun think its too early to start with the baby toothbrush. recently i found out that PIGEON has a 3 step toothbrush which encourages baby to brush their tooth. stage 1 is for 6-8mths while the 2nd stage was for 8-12mth. lastly the final stage is 12 months onwards. the tooth brush was designed in for baby to grab and use. so maybe u should try it. it helps to exercise the baby gum

Read more

Start cleaning your child's mouth even before her teeth come in. Wipe the gums off after each feeding with a warm, wet washcloth or a dampened piece of gauze wrapped around your finger. You can also buy thimble-like, soft rubbery devices (they fit over your index finger) to use for rubbing off excess food.

Read more

You can use a damp clothe to wipe the gum or use those finger toothbrushes. It's just a way to introduce your lo to the feeling of a real toothbrush. I see this in most baby shops and they are not expensive.

You may use the finger brush too. It's easier to clean & letting them get use about brushes in their mouth. You may get them online from baby shops or from Kiddy palace, mothercare so on.

Post reply image

actually when they start eating, u can give her some water and clean her mouth too. I always clean for my gal when shower and given her some water for cleaning her mouth.

Mine also no teeth yet.. I only use damp small handkerchief go around n clean it..

u can stick to using damp cloth to clean until they have teething

Use NUK oral wipes even before she start on solids or have teeth