Is it true that babies who reach their milestones faster than others are more intelligent? Conversely, babies who are slow in reaching the milestones less intelligent ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The scientists found that speech milestones were slightly more indicative of later intelligence than physical milestones. Babies who babbled, spoke words, and formed sentences earlier had slightly higher IQs on average and were slightly more likely to attain higher education in adulthood. So, while your baby's early walking may not be a sign of brilliance, early talking is more likely to signal that she'll be bright later on. Ultimately, you can't assume that your child is or isn't more intelligent than average based on milestones in infancy. A baby who talks and walks earlier than his peers may be of completely average intelligence, while the late bloomer down the road may turn out to be incredibly gifted. Early milestones are only slight predictors of a child's later intelligence. Get in touch with your pediatrician if you have any questions about your baby's development. Otherwise, relax in the knowledge that she is developing at her own natural pace.

Read more

Don't be disheartened, reach milestone early or late never mind - because these are actually more of using the muscle and limbs (I suppose that is what u are referring to). Intelligence has nothing to do w limbs' ability, but active children are able to be smarter(there are many research out there) Milestones seems big issue now. But look at ur LO as a whole. Happy, healthy, active good enough alrdy. Next time can always send them to enrichment classes of all sorts if they like - like music, gym, soccer, ballet etc

Read more

I dun think it true ... my first one is girl n she reach her milestones earlier but now P2 she is in weak class .... but my youngest son now 5 super slow reach milestones but among all 3 kids he is the smartest for now ... but still depend on individual I feel some need more time to catch up n now even kindergarten kids already start feeling stress they may be good at start but who know due to stress they may just slow down rite .

Read more

It is not necessarily so. It really depends on individual babies. Some who reach their milestones earlier may not be intelligent and vice versa. They can b intelligent in their own ways.

Read more

No, I myself doesn't agree that. 人可以没有知识但不能没有常识(one can have no knowledge but not without common sense)

I don't think so. I believe the kid will catch up as they grows when they are exposed more.

No... And intelligence does not guarantee success in life ..... Tenacity is a better bet!