Confinement myth

Is it true cannot stand up to drink water during confinement? Otherwise cannot control your bladder? I think is pretty ridiculous 😂 I don’t believe but somehow it’s ingrained alr😆 but medically speaking (according to some articles), it causes indigestion, kidney problems as well as other problems. Didn’t know drinking water is also a form of knowledge as per time, temp, posture, amount 🥲

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my aunt also told me the same thing.. it's not cannot drink at all... hello... its just that you have to seat when drinking.. it wont affect now, but it will affect later in life. Theres so many strict confinement rules i didnt follow after giving birth to my 1st child. And i'm paying for it 3 children later.. The effects are slowly coming.. Now i am following all the strict confinement rules. everything people tell me what to do and not to do, i'll just go along with it.. i mean older ppl are just more experienced. and eventhough technology has advance, our body have not......

Read more

I heard this from my father in law and did it for 1 whole week until I brokedown and couldn’t take it anymore. I felt so water deprived like I am salivating every time I see water. Like want it but cannot drink it! It just caused me to be extremely dehydrated 🙄 Every after breastfeed I feel thirsty so after 1 week I didn’t care what people say. I drink as much as water as I can as you need it to replenish water inside your body. Longan red dates tea wont just cut it. Trust your body momma ❤️

Read more

Not true! I stand & drink and it's fine. If u're going to breastfeed, u need lots of water - before pumping and after pumping.. i did have a long list of "to follows" but at the end of the day, will deviate & do what makes u happy, cos will be so sweaty and tired.. you would just wanna drink that cup of water and be done with it 😂

Read more

Don’t pressure yourself with all these ridiculous restrictions. It’s hard enough taking care of a newborn! I didn’t do any confinement stuff and I’m fine. Many women around the world don’t do confinement and they’re fine!

Nvr heard of it, even if I did..I won't be bothered by it. cuz logically doesn't make any sense. I stood and drink water, did housework, walk around, showered during confinement. And I'm still doing great!

Be it pregnant or not, was advice not to drink or eat while standing.. something to do with indigestion. Not sure the actual reason tho

I dun believe in this. I did it and i am still alive and kicking 😅

heard from Confinement Nanny but didn't really follow 🤣

TapFluencer

haven't heard of this before.

nv heard before