As of today,was my 1st time blasted my temper at mil ...out of control alr.cant stand it anymore. staying with her and allows her to treat ppl as she pleases.no way man!!!!she provoked me so dis is how it turned out to be. I dunno how to deal with her ever since i was pregnant till after i gave birth 2 mths ago. And i dunno whether i can trust her to look after my son when im at work.she doesnt like me and always pick on my hubby and its affecting me even till now. Pls advice me..#iamgoingcrazy#

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yr situation similar to me, i keep tolerate, every night my tears come out, feel so stressed esp hubby went to wk , need to face MIL alone the wholeday 😒mil keep finding fault with me, i keep telling myself to cool dwn until i cant tolerate anymore longer, i msg n tell my hubby to MOVE out! im happy that he agree to move out n aftr moving out... all the rock on top of my head is gone, my stressed gone instantly , hubby even say he nvr seen my smile until the day i move out! i suggest u move out ASAP !

Read more

Oh dear Emma im sorry to hear your situation. Do hope you calm down. After all she is your husbands mum. Take a step back and chill out. Have you applied for you flat, so that at least you know there is something coming on the way? Also why not speak with your husband and tell him how hurt you are. That may help. Otherwise, it would be good to speak with your MiL too. It's going to be hard living together in one roof if its so tensed.

Read more

do not ever trust your inlaws as you dont know what they can teach. 4years of my life wasted having kids and suffering with my inlaws. To add salt to the wound, they just annouce partial lockdown. My kids barely stick to me when my mil is home. Theres no way one can advise another to be patient in regards to inlaws issues.

Read more

MILs are generally hard to deal with. But you should never lose it with her. Try to control your temper for your husband's sake. If you keep arguing with her, your husband will be stuck between 2 walls. It might affect your relationship with your husband also.

Move out. MIL in general ( 90%) can't detach from their sons. Constantly want to compete with DIL, and talk down to their sons to show that they are the empress in the house.

thanks

TapFluencer

Send to infant care.