Today i cook porridge with fish and broccoli. Seems like my lo dont like. Hmmm....

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi don't stop trying. Initially my gal also eats very little but gradually she increased her intake. I was still thinking maybe she doesn't like the food I cook. How do you know your lo doesn't like the food, maybe he is just trying to slowly adapt to the new taste and increase his intake? I also agree about letting your lo eat the food individually because they can taste more of the food and the textures. If everything is mashed up into porridge it can be quite bland. You can also try baby led weaning ? When my gal did not seem to be eating a lot I decided to let her hold her own food for a few weeks so that it will spike her interest in eating . I steam the broccoli and let her hold the small Florets on her own to eat. She loves broccoli since then! Sometimes we are so stressed about our baby liking the food that it becomes Murphy's law and also adds stress to our babies indirectly as they can feel it. Eating should be an enjoyable stressless thing.

Read more

Hi, I think, there was too many things for her in one dish. I think, you should go slow when you introduced new things to the baby. You can probably make porridge without anything and let her palate get the taste of porridge itself, and can separately cook fish and broccoli vegetable for the baby. Babies are still adjusting to new tastes and offering them too many things in one meal and expecting them to like all of them, is asking too much from them, and too early. I suggest,w whatever you cook, do not mix many things in the dish. And if you have to then start by adding one item and see how the baby is liking it and then slowly progress to new things.

Read more

Hi, how is ur child responding to the ingredients if they are cooked and fed to ur child independently? If ur kid is ok w the individual then I think u can slowly add in one by one. Some also advise to make it like a meal, feed the stuff separately so that they can get the full individual tastes. That said I will also persist a few times to let baby get used to the taste because I don't want my kid to be choosy too

Read more

Maybe try different things in the porridge? The 2 which u put in seems to be alittle "stronger" in taste