My three week old daughter is only willing to sleep in my room and refuses to shut her eyes if she is in the living room or my parents in law's room no matter how tired she is once the sun sets. Daytime she is still not as fussy. Any ways to train her to be able to sleep in any rooms or be soothed to sleep by my other family members?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, Personally, I feel that three weeks is still quite young to sleep in her own room as she may still be insecure of the new environment. But that is just my personal opinion. No offense!! Anyway, you can try some of these tips that I've gathered to help to get your baby to sleep in his/her own bedroom: - Do it gradually: children (even young babies) hardly take well to sudden changes. Introduce the idea first before slowly implementing it. Have her get used to having her naps in her room first before slowly getting her to sleep there at night as well. - Establish a clear bedtime routine: have her dressed and ready for bed in her own room. Settle them early so that she will feel comfortable - Stay with them: stay in their room till she fall asleep. I would propose you helping with the transition before having another caregiver soothe her to sleep. One change at a time may be better. Here is an article that you may find useful: http://www.newkidscenter.com/When-Should-Babies-Sleep-In-Their-Own-Room.html Hope these help! Good luck!

Read more

My friend uses a singing technique to lull her daughter to sleep. Everyone else in her family -- from her parents to the helper --- learns that song and they'd sing it to her whenever it's time for her to nap or sleep. It took a while to condition baby to fall asleep whenever the song is sang but it works. Just a suggestion you might want to try, on top of the great ones already suggested by Hui Qun.

Read more