Hello Everyone, I am into 10th week of my pregnancy and have been vomiting like after every meals . Also, my blood pressure is always above 140/100.

Though I have been seeing Doctor, any idea how to sail through this tough time..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I just started my 14th week and I am feeling slightly better now. From 6 weeks till 13 weeks I was feeling really horrible. I couldn't eat much and I will puke immediately after I eat. I tried anti-nausea pills but it didn't help at all. These made my condition slightly better: - I had tasteless porridge when lean meat everyday. - I stayed away from oily, spicy & food which too much fragrance. - have small meals at every 2-3hours intervals - do not eat & drink at the same time - sometimes when you feel nausea, don't be too quickly to go to the toilet, lie down and try to sleep. Because whenever i start puking, i couldn't stop even if i was puking bile or having acid reflux - stay away from your mobile phone/TV, anything that caused motion sickness (i realised when i put away my phone i don't feel dizzy or nausea) - stay in dark & air-conditioned room, the humid weather makes me even more nausea - **sometimes the food that you think you wanna eat actually makes you vomit, so take down what you eat, you'll eventually realised your diet might have change (E.g. i used to love Milo, but whenever I had Milo, i feel like vomiting, so one day i decided to drink teh o which was something I never order in my life and tada i can consume beverage again) (Another example, I used to eat yellow noodles, now I eat bee hoon which was something I didn't like. I hate eating bread now and i used to love bread. Etc.) I still feel nausea now Whenever I am hungry, so i had Ritz lightly salted biscuit as my snack and it helps. And always eat slowly. I hope this help as I definitely understand how bad it is. I even broke down, twice, after non stop vomiting. It will get better!

Read more
5y ago

Hi Jeline, I am also in my 14 weeks. Did your appetite came back?

Hi mummy, 10th week was my worst too! Vomiting every hour and couldn't keep any fluid or solids down, was so depressed. I went to urgent O&G to get anti-nausea pills - dicletin and another stronger dose. The pills are a lifesaver! You can also opt to get IV drip for a few hours at the hospital just to rehydrate and replenish some energy. Take care!

Read more
5y ago

Many thanks for your response 👍