-

hi! for those that experience high glucose levels during pregnancy. Did the doc prescribe u a medicine called ‘ metformin’ Is to control ur sugar that will caused vomiting/ no appetite / drowsiness ( sounds really terrible to me ) I dont wanna take it tbh bc of the aft effects of taking and i did always test my blood sugar at home ( as told by the doc ) The result to me is ok none of it is above average mayb some is just higher by alittle which is still acceptable not very high type, and the doc alrd prescribe me the medicine to take to control it (??????) i also asked my friend that just gave birth this year Jan as she also have high glucose levels in all her 3 test during her pregnancy yet the doc didn’t prescribe her any medication while mine i only high in 1 of the test only by 0.3 .....

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi. How far along are you? And what are your usual reading after meal. The doc prescribed you metformin to protect you from developing it badly later. I am on metformin and gonna be induce on Monday, at 37+2 it really helps

4y ago

hi. My usual readings aft meals not always the same though...... issit The doc told u that u need to be induced on 37 weeks ????

VIP Member

I was a GDM too but my gynae did not prescribed any medicine for it. I only had to prick to test for blood sugar level and control intake of sugar and carbs.

VIP Member

Metformin is a drug for diabetes, should be pteg safe.. Whether the doc prescribe it may depend on your blood sugar levels