Positive but not seen

Hi supermoms! I am about to be a first time mummy (praying hard!). After 2 years of trying, we finally got positive results from 4 different kits and they are not faint lines at all. So is it normal that docs arent able to see the baby/baby sac via the ultrasound? Please advise, thank you! 😊#1stimemom #firstbaby

Positive but not seen
21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Similar situation…TTC for 2 years and finally got a super solid double line at week 4. Doc did stomach ultrasound but couldn’t see anything yet as too small. But he could observe pregnancy symptoms, gave me some supplement and hormone pills to support pregnancy and to see him again in 2 weeks time. By 6 weeks, can see baby heartbeat already. Now I’m in 9th week :)

Read more
3y ago

🙌🏼

VIP Member

Congratulations..wait for a while or u can ask dr to go for a blood test ..as blood test confirms early ..n not to scare you but have heard that sometime ectopic pregnancy also leads to positive results but sac can’t be seen as it is on other places like Fallopian tubes..so can ask dr to thoroughly scan all reproductive organs

Read more
VIP Member

Yay~ congrats! Based on ur last known menses how far along r u now? For some ladies they can see n hear bb heartbeat at wk6. But u probably have to do a vagina scan to see tis cos the sac is still very small. If u wana save abit of money then perhaps see Dr at wk8, as by then fetus is big enough n heartbeat can be heard then.

Read more

Congrats on your pregnancy! I went to gynae in week 5. It was too early as you cannot see the baby heartbeat yet. Heard from the nurse, best is to go in week 8, because baby heartbeat is visible. Meanwhile, stay safe and take care! :)

Yes don’t worry mummy, I went at 5 week and saw the sac without yolk sac. Doctor will advise you to come back again and monitor growth! I just saw baby heartbeat at 8week. Congrats 😄 just rest more and stay positive mummy

Yes thy maynot be able to find.. thy will order blood test n that is a real confirmation.. i went thru the same.. ( 2 time blood test + a small sac the second time when i was 10 days late in my periods)

Super Mum

You can get a clear positive result around 4-5 weeks but baby can only be seen usually around 6-7 weeks so don't worry come back in a few weeks. Congrats and all the best!

VIP Member

congrats mummy. early stage ultra sound can't see sac. be abit more patient and wait for wks6 or 8 ultrasound might be able to see.

I went for ultrasound around week 5 but gynae told me it was too early so i went back around week 7 and saw a yolk sac 😄

Congrats!! Might be too early. Go around week 7 or 8. Rest well. Don’t exercise unless you have always been exercising.