Are you able to tell if you’re nauseous because of hunger or just nauseous??

Just started week 6 and having nausea but it’s confusing cos I’m not sure if I’m nauseous because there’s no food in my stomach or it’s just nausea 😩 felt better after eating something light. I didn’t feel hungry though but it was many hours after lunch. Does eating help all the time? #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to have that too! For me, empty stomach triggered my nausea more. It gets bad quickly if I don’t eat anything shortly after waking up / late at night before I sleep. Try to take something light/small if you’re able to. It helped me. But also understand that some people are truly too nauseous to even swallow anything. Because everyone’s body reacts differently to pregnancy. So if you are able to, try to eat smth! It may help to curb the sensation of nausea. Hope you find something that makes you feel better soon :)

Read more
1y ago

Thank you for your reply! 💕

I’m week 6 now having the same as u when on my week 5 plus until today. Every early morning feel so hungry and need to get up have some light breakfast with not too oily or heavy just can stop my nauseous. If I don’t feeling of throwing up and fainting.

I am just too nauseous to eat. I dun vomit but that horrid feeling of wanting to throw up..im in the same wk as u!

Thanks 🫶🏻 I guess have to just force something really small and light in case it’s because of hunger

lolz. I got same feeling as u.

1y ago

Hahaha I really can’t tell if I’m hungry or not anymore 😂