4 Replies

I was having the same issue. My baby is now 2 months 10 days and was fussing. He's obviously sleepy but refuse to sleep on his own, need to carry, coax. Sometimes, I can't even sit, he wants me to carry him and walk around. Once placed down, he will cry and whine. Tiring for parents and also worrying if they are getting enough sleep to develop. Its getting better now with the baby sarong I bought. I will put him in and he will sleep better. Once I see that he is deeply asleep, I will carry him out and put him in the cot. Works for me. I'm able to do housework and get rested. As for the feed amount, my son is on the same range too. Don't worry, they are smart little people, once full, they will turn away or stick out their tongue (mine does!). As long as they are not vomiting, poop and pee normal then it's okay. FYI - I checked with the PD and so I'm assured that the feed amount is fine. 😊

hey Kathy, thanks for your reply and I'm glad that I'm not the only one going through this, may I know does your baby wakes up suddenly even though you have put him down and think he might be in deep sleep already? sometimes we do, and have to repeat the process to soothe her and finding the process tideous. May I know what is that baby sarong ?? I tried putting her in lillebaby carrier when we went for our appointment at KKH, she slept through the whole journey, to and fro. so I'm thinking to ask my wife to wear carrier at home during weekdays while I'm at work, so she can do her daily stuffs while ensuring baby is able to sleep

2 month old needs a lot of sleep. wake time of 8h is too long. my 9 month baby only has maximum wake time of around 5h. at 2 month, baby has not learn to fall asleep independently and needs help. keep swaddling and have a short nap routine so that baby get used and know it is time to rest.

TapFluencer

when baby is below 6 months they need lots of sleep. your baby is fussy maybe because he or she is tired and feel uncomfortable to fall asleep you can't let baby sleep so little please seek for help soon

This may helps you- https://sg.theasianparent.com/newborn-sleeping-pattern

Trending Questions

Related Articles