Crying loudly while giving food

My son is 9 months and started going him loose solid food.But he is refusing it so my mother is forcefully giving him.He cries very loudly and it is very sad to hear his cries.How can I feed him without any cry😭?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If he’s crying he might not be ready. Start with just a few mouths and stop until he is used to it then start increasing the input. Always be encouraging and give him a wide smile when he eats. Can also try to let him touch and feel the the food with his hands as that’s the way they are exploring and learning!

Read more

hi! pls dont force feed the baby cos he is going to associate feeding time with a negative feeling. if he doesnt want the food, give him something else that he can enjoy for now, like teething rusk and biscuits and milk. when he is enjoying meal times again, go back to giving him his usual meals.

VIP Member

maybe try 1 baby spoon each time,while play with him or give his favourite toys. maybe is new to him so he express he is scared... slowly he will know is food and will crave for more,jiayou mummy!!

Aww.. so poor thing. below 1 year old, main source of food is still milk. don't stress him too much to eat please. It will be so traumatic. Can slowly find food he likes and taste test.

Thanks..Sure will try your advice