Fruit juice at 4 months?

I’m asking because my MIL was sharing that babies at 4 months can drink fruit juice…really? I only know babies who can sit by themselves can try to take purée but never heard of fruit juice. She said put fruit juice in bottle to feed, she fed her children when they were babies. I’m scared of letting her take care of my baby, if ever there’s no one to look after that day. my LO isn’t able to sit independently yet too. She even showed the recipe book, that teach mummies to blend the fruits in blender for babies, book was purchased awhile ago…

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I hate to say tis but pls dun listen too much the grandparents-era folks have to say... always take the advice with a pinch of salt, always check with the PD... I have heard a grandmother giving honey with water to her grandchild, the botulism in the honey killing the poor girl... The grandmother claimed she gave that to her kids decades ago and nothing happened.. I never gave my son juice - too much sugar, no fibre, little benefit.. better to eat the actual fruits... only once when he had diarrhea, as suggested by PD..

Read more

mum of 2 here, no way .... do not give any fruit juice yet. my doc recommended that start of baby with porridge cause their tummy not matured enough...i gave blueberry after 5 months plus in teethers cause my daughter was teething. I only introduce fruit puree when she already 6 months. Better not take the risk

Read more

I wouldn’t recommend for a 4 month to drink fruit juice but puree, yes you can feed small portions. It’s better to wait until they are 6 month then you may proceed with fruit juice as it is the stage where they can consume water or fruit juice.

not recommended to drink ....baby too young... when u go polyclinic or pd for baby checkups,u can double check with Dr. use this info to let ur mil know if she prefers to hear from professionals :)

2y ago

thank you. :)

at least 6 months onwards 🤔 but I don't recommend cause it's hard to get baby drink water once they get use to juice

2y ago

yes.. once they get use to the sweetness it's hard to have them drink plain water my boy is 3yo, the only fruit juice i give him is 🥥🌴

VIP Member

Not recommended till they reached at least 8m

No fruit juice until 2 years old