Should kids be taught how to fight back?
Voice your Opinion
Absolutely!
Nope

2314 responses

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I will send my kid to taekwondo when she reaches the appropriate age for entry not because I want her to learn how to fight back, I want her to learn about discipline, patience and determination through martial arts. Another way is to toughen her body & build better immune system. Finally, if she really gets to the point where reasoning is not useful and the bullies or bad people try to threaten her life, I really think it’s good to put her martial arts into the right use by then. It’s a flight or fight only for life-threatening situations that I will keep telling her then only she is allowed to use martial arts to do self-defense and for personal protection. Otherwise, I will teach her to stay cool and calm most of the times. Because fighting is not right, never and not always the best idea to resolve a situation, it can only makes things worse in fact.

Read more

Boxing will help your child develop stamina and determination, courage and determination to win, and teach discipline and self-control. Boxing is traditionally considered a male sport, but women also excel in it. Fighting gloves https://www.centurion-fc.com/the-evolution-of-fighting-gloves are now available for both adults and children, so it's easy to get your child into mixed martial arts. I'm sure it's the right investment for the future.

Read more

I have taught my son to fight back, physically and mentally! I'm sorry but no one should have to put up with the bullying! I know what it is like firsthand! I learned to fight back and let's say that person crossed the hall when I would be walking after that. I told my son, let the other person swing first and I'll let them have it afterwards! Also if they are over your threshold.. game on!

Read more

I don't think kids should learn to fight back but I believe in teaching the kids to protect themselves by solving any conflict calmly. Only when you can keep your cool at any difficult situation/challenges than you got better chance to succeed in overcoming them.

VIP Member

It’s not more about fighting back but about standing for themselves and not depending on others to fight their battles. So yes, they should be taught to fight back in that sense.

VIP Member

i don't think it's a good idea to fight back. I rather think my kid to defend himself and learn to retreat when it's needed to

Yes they should be taught to fight back if something unjust is happening to them so that they don't tolerate it out of fear

It depends On how we define the definition of "fight back * and Age appropriate" fight back action "

If you enroll a kid in a martial arts school, he'll be taught when to fight back.

Kids just need to be taught how to defend themselves and not get bullied.