Presch - nearby or Montessori

Should I send my 18 mo to a non Montessori sch nearby (2 km) or Montessori sch further away (5km)? I like the Montessori concept but thinking if I need to start at 18 mo or I can start later at nursery or k1

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

From an early childhood educator’s personal point of view, non-Montessori(childcare) differs from a Montessori preschool approach. Every childcare has its own approach, play-based, inquiry based, STEM, so you need to check them out yourself. Either way, starting your child early helps to promote social skills & independence in their early years. Your child will also pick up verbal skills. 💁🏽‍♀️ Some schools may not have slots for Nursery classes onwards as priorities are given to their existing students in IC & playgroup(18mths). Most good ctrs I know hv long waiting lists.

Read more

Actually they dont really learn anything until they reach n1 than they start learning.... if u hv someone that can take care of ur child till n1 will be good. I took my daughter out from pn as she always falls sick in school cause the teachers still allows children that are sick to attend school. I only placed her back when she n1.

Read more
Super Mum

If you can afford, start early is ok. Cause they will mingle with older kids and learn from them. For choosing, there’s no right or wrong, suggest you visit and interview both schools and make your judgement which you prefer.