Sex in first trimester

Is it safe to have sex whilst in our early trimester? I'm in my 9th week and I realise after doing the deed , I seem to have slight abdominal cramp the next day. Should I refrain from having sex at least till I reach 2nd trimester?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my gynae always advises no serial activity during first trim. due to placenta and baby not stable yet. anything all after 12 wks would be good. coz during first trim, shd not trigger ur cervix or vagina in any way.

I usually have cramps but it didnt really make me super uncomfortable. I still have regular sex during first trimester for both pregnancies but I don’t have complications so it was okay.

Is okay to have sex unless you’re bleeding. Cramps are quite normal. If you feel uneasy then feel free to stop.

thank you all for the input!! I'll get Mr hubs to wait for a while more till our next appointment 😅

if you dont have any complications, its safe to do everyday haha dont worry about it and enjoy!

Better wait till you know what is your placenta position. Wait till you do fetal anomaly scan.

Gynae did mention that it’s ok to have sex unless there’s bleeding involved.

i think as long as its not so vigorous 😅