4 Replies

i jus gave birth 2 weeks ago, my doc is her. initially I was subsidized patient and after the third appt I realised that all my appt is with her (without me choosing). I changed to private for the last 2 visit just because I want to stay ward A, so automatically they let me contd the same doc. overall I think it's fine, jus that for private I think they will wait for the doc to come deliver. actually I was 10cm dilated at 6.30am, but I waited till 7.30am and suffered painful contractions even though I have epidural. in the end I didn't get my ward A as well as it is fully occupied. if I were to choose again, I think I will jus contd with the subsidized route and I would have delivered at 6.30am. since it is so hard to get a ward A room.

i heard this is quite common, especially in ‘private’ care… but i also heard that it’s better to let the head descend naturally for the first hour so that u don’t have to push so much. anyway thanks for sharing! and congrats on baby.

Expert

Hi Fellow Mother, Please find below thread having some review on the doctor. I hope you find it helpful and you can continue discussion on that thread. https://community.theasianparent.com/q/mummkies-anyone-has-review-abt-dr-samantha-rachel-yeo-from-kkh-i-thought-e/3259295

So there is no guarantee for ward A even if changing to private? I am a subsidized patient too, thinking of changing to private. My friend asked me to consider TMC. Think I have to make a decision soon as I heard that I may not be able to get the doc I want if I change too late.

Sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing your experience

she was the Dr assigned to me (the Dr on call) when i chose A1 ward at delivery suite. i’m glad it was her! i couldn’t push well at first but she was encouraging and i had a normal birth.. even at 4am she was professional lol

Trending Questions

Related Articles