Dr Lim Ah Leng review

Any review of Dr Lim Ah Leng from AL Lim Clinic for Women Pte Ltd at Thomson Medical Hospital

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was also delivered by Dr AL Lim 32 years ago. He was my mum and her 6 sis’ (my 6 aunts) gynae, helping to deliver around 8-12 of my cousins. All my aunts each had an average of around 2 children. I’m now seeing him as I got to know he’s still in practice. Had initially wanted a lady doc and my hubby was concerned about him being a male doc (abit paiseh), but I’ve seen Dr Lim twice and so far so good. First consult my hubby had like a list of 10-15 questions for him and Dr Lim just answered everything patiently and didn’t rush us. I also mentioned I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and this baby was conceived with clomid so Dr Lim immediately prescribed progesterone tablets as a precaution as he knew it was tougher for me to have gotten pregnant. Am waiting to see Dr Lim next week to see how baby’s progressing. For his years of experience, I find his rates reasonable, though be prepared to pay via cash or NETS for the prenatal visits and hospitalisation deposit before delivery, as his clinic doesn’t accept credit cards. Might be an issue for parents who are tight on budget cos Medisave claim can only be done later and cannot convert into credit card instalments, (which was what we were planning to do, if possible, for more liquidity in case we need money for other things that cropped up during pregnancy). Probably that’s why his charges are not that expensive since all these administrative costs are already reduced.

Read more
3y ago

I was delivered by c sec. Same as my son, he’s 13 mth old tmr

My baby was delivered by Dr Lim. He is a very detailed, experience and responsible Dr. He is a fatherly Dr. As I was at high risk pregnancy, he tried his best to take me through the whole pregnancy process. Due to the complication, I had to deliver via c section. After delivered, he was still very responsible to make sure I was fine during my stay in hospital. He even changed the dressing for me by himself rather than asking the nurse to change on behalf. We feel safe in his good hands. He doesn’t have any package. He goes by quality of service not quantity. But his consultation fee n c section fee r very reasonable.

Read more

I've read about him on one of the mommy blogs I used to follow (can't remember which one for the life of me, sorry!). Anyway, Dr Lim is lauded by this particular mommy. Initially she thought he looks quite stern but all that went out the window after interacting with him. He is reassuring, knowledgeable and very experienced so he definitely knows what he's doing -- this means you and baby will be in good hands. His clinic is often packed so he is a popular choice with the mommies. If I find the blog address and entry, I'd link it up here later. Hope this helps!

Read more
8y ago

My friend highly recommended his service and professionalism to me but in the end I went to another gynae nearer to my residence. She had 2 kids delivered by Dr Lim!!

I was delivered by Dr Lim 27 years ago! And I'm back seeing him for my own pregnancy 😂 Dr Lim has delivered almost all of my cousins. (I have 17 cousins) Indeed a very reassuring doctor :)

3y ago

May I know is natural birth or c sect?

I'm with him from my first born, 2nd and now 3rd baby. So far, his the only gynea who really take good care of his patients and affordable fees as well in TMC..

Heard that he is very good. You and your baby would be in good hands surely. Word is that the rates are quite reasonable, too.

He was the gynae who delivered me out of my mum 28 years ago! I met him for other matters, a very nice guy.

I heard overwhealmingly positive reviews about Dr Lim Ah Leng. Ended up choosing him. No regrets at all!

May I enquire if Dr Lim Ah Leng has package? Can anyone share how is his charges like? Thank you!

3y ago

No package, charge by per visit

Dr Lim Ag Leng from AL Lim Clinic is very reliable and his rates are damn reasonable.