Who is the best paediatrician at sbcc gleneagles?

Review between this 2 pd frm sbcc gleneagles ? Dr Ratna and Dr Jenny tang ? Which one is better ?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Finally i get to say something abt my bad..very bad exp w jenny tang. 17 yrs ago..my baby was 2mths old i took her to kkh for fever n flu symptoms. No admission but was schedule for follow up. Dats when we saw jenny. My baby was still unwell..w phlegm n fever on off. She prescribed few bottles of medicatons. N was told to c her again 1 mth aftr. There was no diagnosis. Aftr giving her d med she becamie drowsy, sleep very long hrs i had to wake her up for feeds. I continued giving her d med as told. Nex visit i told doc abt d med effects but she said juz continue n don worry. i have 2 other doters aged 7 n 4 thus i cn tel if my baby is ok or not. So d following visits i told her d same concerns. My baby has hi fever almost evry week. Yet she kept saying baby is fine n not to worry. I remembered her telling me to continue give d "new medicine". I trusted her n so i heed her advice. Look, my baby cnnt lift her head up at 6 mths. She cnnt turn over to lie on her tummy, she cudnt crawl at 10 mths or even sit up. She jus slide down like a piece of paper when we put her on a chair. She doesnt cry at all. Aftr med she sleeps. I explained but again was told baby is fine. At 10 mths as expected she fail her development test. We still go back to c jenny evry mth to get med. Finally I got tired going hosp evry mth..n wif so many other referrals eg development clinic, physio, occu therapy n eye clinic, i gave up seeing jenny. No more sleeping med for my baby. My doter development was affected. She has gdd. Brain, eyes, limb, growth..all affected. I cudnt accept dis initially. She was born full term n normal. Her symptoms was not treated properly. Now its too late i regret it bcos i didnt ask for 2nd opinion. Not long aftr dat my doter was very ill i took her back to kkh. She had her 1st pneumonia. She was admitted n was recommended to c prof Anne Goh. Prof Goh was shocked to c her lungs dat she refuse to let me see which she initially intended to show me cos she said it shud not happen to someone her age. Her lungs has lots of scars n very "ugly". My child was already 10 yrs old. Wo specific diagnosis. Prof Ann ordered for all tests eg scans n blud test n scope. By dat time d prolonged bronchitis had become a permanent lung disease called bronchiectasis which i was told is incurable. Now she admits hosp 2 to 3 x per yr. Prone to lungs infections coz its weak. Too late to regret now. Lesson learned. Nvr trust any doc 100%. If in doubt, always ask for 2nd opinion.

Read more
7y ago

Dear Ms Suriaty, I am sorry to learn about the reservations you have concerning your daughter’s medical care at KKH. It is my sincere desire that your daughter makes a good recovery from all her illnesses. Nevertheless, I do not agree with the manner in which the medical management has been described or the conclusions which you have drawn. I look forward to addressing your concerns specifically and directly together with KKH. You can reach me at 64750820. Dr Jenny Tang SBCC Baby & Child Clinic (Asthma, Lung, Sleep and Allergy Centre)