Who is the best paediatrician at sbcc gleneagles?

Review between this 2 pd frm sbcc gleneagles ? Dr Ratna and Dr Jenny tang ? Which one is better ?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have not seen Dr. Ratna but would like to share my experience with Dr. Jenny Tang. During our consultation she kept herself busy picking up phone calls seeking medical advices every 1-2 minutes, which was distracting and disrespectful to the patient in front of her. I know that she is famous but we also paid her $170 just to see her for a couple of minutes. I am furious due to a number of reasons. First, she prescribed my kid antibiotics even without listening to his lungs (as my kid was fussy and fought it). Secondly, when I returned to her right away as my kid had swollen upper lip and penis with rashes on his chest after taking Augmentin the antibiotics, she brushed it off and said it might not be because he is allergic to the drug, and asked me to continue giving him the same drug. When I looked at her in disbelief, she then gave another antibiotics to replace Augmentin, and my kid didn't have the reactions anymore. Thirdly, besides antibiotics she prescribed crazy loads of drugs to him (22 months) and it cost us $400+ for one child's flu for one visit. Lastly, besides flu medicine, she also prescribed an unnecessarily big tube of anti-rash cream that will be enough for him till he goes to college, and that tube alone cost $50. That one she asked me if Calamine lotion I apply to his rash give satisfactory result, and I said yes, but I was just worried and pointed it out to her in case she sees any relations between rash and his sickness. She said it's just heat rash and asked my permission for her to prescribe some cream for him. Who would have thought that a famous doctor much revered like her will prescribe something like that? She did appear quite greedy and not really caring much about the health of her patients, very sad to say.

Read more
7y ago

Dear Ms Pachara Lochinda, We are sorry to hear of your account of your experience with SBCC Baby & Child Clinic (Asthma, Lung, Sleep and Allergy Centre). Please be assured that we are committed to the delivery of quality care. We regret that your experience at our clinic fell short of your expectations, and your feedback is appreciated and well noted. Nevertheless, we take a different view of the consultation experience based on our account of the facts. We look forward to the opportunity to sharing our view and addressing your concerns directly. Our SBCC Baby & Child Clinic Manager can be contacted at 6817 8238.