sleeping on sides or back?

is it required to sleep on side? if sleep on back, does it harm the baby and eventually having a still birth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am approaching 28 weeks in 3 days, I also find it hard to keep sleeping on side. They say left side is better but I have to Switch to right sometimes. In the middle of night I do wake up sleeping on my back which actually is more comfortable for me. But no choice still have to keep forcing myself to sleep on left consciously. Actually my gyane at tmc said it doesn’t matter but so many articles recommend sleeping on left 😅

Read more

They say sleeping on back might cause disruption to baby’s supply of oxygen, 3rd trimester onwards. However honestly i do sleep on my back from time to time cause thats the most comfortable position. It doesnt necessarily cause still birth jsut that best to avoid

I could still sleep on my back in the first trimester, but from second trimester onwards,I basically couldn't do that without feeling very unwell and suffocated already. Body will force me to sleep on the side, so I don't have a choice

Try to slp on ur left, will have better blood flow to baby. I wanted to slp on back, but kept telling myself not to. So I switch left and right. Feels horrible, but trust me.. time flies before u know it

it doesnt harm the baby but it will hurt your spine with the weight. Adviseable to sleep on your left side for better blood circulation for you and baby. i do end up sleeping on my back too sometimes.

I still slept on my back throughout my whole pregnancy but I do move to the sides time to time.

I didn’t risk it so I slept on my side despite how uncomfortable it is